Saturday, October 9, 2010

What's In A Name?

I puzzle and puzzle
To name those words
That soothe my nights
As coastal breeze
And flow through us
As rainbow bridge
Lighting up my shabby nights
With all the glow and glimmer of
Brightest hues in vital dance.

I am the forest who sings
My tunes back to sea.

"Categorize, categorize" -
Hammer on the anvil blows.

I shrug and gaze at distant gleam
As our words awake to dawn
And fill my heart with morning scent
Fragrant with that nameless song
That knows no species
Neither cares
But breathes a rainbow world in dreams
To which my days do daily pace.

3 comments:

Robert said...

i feel an urge to quote Sidney's Loving in Truth

Abin Chakraborty said...

a reader may choose to interpret a poem any which way s/he wants.but the poem was not exactly about love.Sidney knew what he was talking about.I was speaking of emotions/relations beyond categorization.however, if your reading makes you like the poem, i should just say amen and leave it at that:)

Robert said...

Let love be. Don't give it a name. When you give it a name it becomes a relationship. Relationship restricts love with defined boundaries.